Begin a pet care career with us! We are looking for Doggie Daycare/ Lodging Counselors who are energetic with a positive attitude, integrity and commitment. We will train you in understanding dogs body language, how to lead a dog play group, pet safety and much more!
Send Application and Resume to email@example.com or fax 815-899-7949 or apply within at 423 N Main St, Sycamore.
Job Qualifications:High School diploma or equivalence
At least 18 years of age
At least 1 year of animal experience
Dog Daycare / Boarding experience preferred
Must be a team player with great communication skills
Ability to multi-task and have outstanding organizational skills
Must have a keen eye for details
Ability to work in fast paced environment and able to stand for long periods of time
Must have professional appearance and demeanor
Must have patience and genuine care for animals
Must have high standards of cleanliness
Ability to lift at least 50lbs
Hours: P/T Shifts Mon-Fri 6:45am-1pm or 1pm – 6:30pm, Sat & Sun 2 boarding shifts minimum.
- Supervising and interacting with dogs while they play
- Clean up after dogs that have eliminated inside or outside
- Read instructions on chemicals and perform tasks per those instructions
- Walk dogs outside on a leash for a potty breaks making sure they are secure at all times
- Perform all duties in a timely manner, using safety precautions
- Use proper language and having exceptional communicational skills while presenting self in an appropriate manner.
- Read instructions on the dog care cards and perform duties per those instructions
- Take care of dog’s needs – feed & water dogs, administer medication, walk outside for potty breaks, and play with them.
- Disinfect and sanitize dog suites & boarding facility, fenced in pet grounds and more
- Operate clothes washer & dryer machines, mop, dishwasher and vacuum machine
- Inventory supplies
- Perform all duties in a timely manner, using every safety precaution
- Assists customers and staff members in a courteous and professional manner.
- Assist other departments.