Huckleberry’s Pet Parlor Deluxe Overnight Accommodations
Our deluxe spacious suites are 4’x6’ in size. Your dog will enjoy his/her cozy suite that is enclosed on three sides and has views of the outside world through windows across the room. This allows them to view the natural sunlight and keeps their internal time clock in sync. At night, we draw the curtains and soft night lights illuminate their surroundings.
For the comfort of our guests, four potty breaks are given each day. Morning, noon, late afternoon and evening. During these times, our caring staff, walk the dogs inside a large fenced area to potty and our guests are given time to stretch their legs. This area has professional artificial turf made specially with canines in mind. This is great for our guests that have grass allergies and is easily disinfected.
- All suites are furnished with premium raised beds and fresh linens are provided daily.
- Each guest is assigned their own personal cubby to keep their belongings in. We are happy to give any extra treats you bring.
- Calm music is softly played throughout the day to create a peaceful atmosphere.
- You can rest easy knowing your dog is tended to by caring, trained staff and our facility is secure with a fire, burglar, carbon monoxide and temperature monitoring system.
- We take pride in caring for our guests and making sure our facility is in tip top shape. We have safety and cleaning procedures in place to ensure a safe and healthy environment for all our guests.
To break up your dogs daily routine, we offer the following extra’s:
Peanut butter stuffed rubber toy – $4
Pupcicles – $3
Fetch with Frisbee or Ball $10
Busy Buddy Toy filled with your dog’s kibble. $6
Guests attending group play Doggie Daycare with boarding $27 per night per dog, plus the Doggie Daycare Fee. On the days they do daycare. See Doggie Daycare page for more information on daycare.
Boarding with us is as easy as 1,2,3!
- Registration – hover over the boarding tab and click on Boarding Registration. Please fill out and submit.
- Vaccination – required, please fax your vaccination records to 815-899-7949 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. (see vaccination requirements below)
- Reservation – Once we received your registration and proof of vaccination we will call to confirm your reservation. (Deposit required)
Reservations are not complete until you receive a confirmation call and we receive a deposit. First come first serve basis.
Boarding Procedures and Policies
Pricing: $32 per night per dog
Multiple dogs: 2nd, 3rd dog $27 per night per dog – if housing in the same suite. (no more that 2 large dogs or 3 small dogs per suite) Dogs that can not be fed together will not be housed in same suite. Dogs attending group play Doggie Daycare with boarding $27 per night per dog, plus the Doggie Daycare Fee. Please visit Doggie Daycare tab for more information about how to sign your dog up for daycare.
Reservations Required Boarding registration to be filled out by dogs owner only.
Cancellation Policy: If you need to cancel your dog(s) reservation, please notify us within 5 days prior to reservation date or 7 days prior to Holiday/Spring Break reservation date. This will ensure another client a spot for boarding.
Deposits: A $50 Deposit is required for all bookings and is non-refundable if cancellation is not made 48 hours prior to reservation date. All deposits are then applied to your balance.
Guests staying longer than 7 nights will require a down payment of 50% of the total visit. This payment will be applied to your balance.
Check-In: Check in hours are Monday – Friday 7am to 4:30pm & Saturday 9am- 11:30am *Drop off and pick up not available on Sundays or major holidays (see below). We recommend that you allow yourself up to 15 minutes to check in your dog & fill out paperwork.
Check-Out: Check-out time is 1pm. Your dog is welcome to stay after 1pm, however, an additional night of boarding will be charged.
*Dogs attending Group Play Doggie Daycare on check out day will be checked out of boarding and into Doggie Daycare and not charged a night of boarding for the check out day.
Holiday Rates : An extra Holiday rate of $5 will apply for the following Holidays:
Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New Years Eve, New Years Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day
Vaccination Records: We require a certificate of vaccination from a licensed veterinarian and all dogs must be current on the following vaccinations: Rabies, Distemper, Bordetella and negative fecal test results. To be sure your dog is free of parasites, a negative fecal test result is required, not your vet bill. Huckleberry’s Pet Parlor reserves the right to turn away dogs that do not have current required vaccination records on file or has a health condition that is not conducive to boarding. All vaccinations and tests are to be done at your veterinarian. Have your vet fax or email the records directly to Huckleberry’s Pet Parlor prior to boarding. The fax number is (815) 899-7949, the email is email@example.com. Please note, our staff is not permitted to contact your vet on your behalf. If your veterinarian does not recommend vaccinating at this time, due to health reasons please send exempt form from the vet stating their preferences. During the warmer months it is highly recommended that all dogs be on flea and tick prevention.
Feeding – Please label and bag all food in either a large zip lock bag or you may measure out portions in small sandwich size bags for each meal. We provide sanitized food bowls daily, so no need to bring your own.
Mealtime is twice per day and occurs in the morning and late afternoon. We recommend keeping your dog on their same diet during their stay. Please provide enough food for their stay. If you do not provide us with enough food, we will be happy to feed our Nutri Source brand of food and charge you for the bag of food at pickup. Fresh water is available to your dog at all times during their stay. We provide stainless steel bowls that are sanitized after each feeding. Multiple Dogs in a family that can not be fed together will not be housed in same suite.
Medications – We give oral medication to your dog at no extra charge. We do not give injected medications. All medication must come in a clearly marked original container with the following information:
– Dog’s Name
– Name of Medication and strength
– Dosage per day or if needed (let us know at drop off what doses have already been given that day)
– Reason for medication
Personal Belongings – LABEL EVERYTHING you bring for your dog with his/her name on it with a permanent marker. We are not responsible for any items lost or damaged..
ALL ITEMS MUST BE ABLE TO FIT IN A 12″X12″ CUBBIE INCLUDING FOOD. (Please no large dog beds, food bins, cages/carriers or laundry baskets)
- All suites are furnished with raised Kuranda beds and fresh, clean blankets are provided daily. For sanitary reasons, we ask that you do not bring beds from home.
- We do not feed rawhide or cooked bones, as they present health risks to dogs.
- Toys are welcome and will remain in your dog’s suite. If you have multiple dogs sharing a suite, we will monitor their behavior with toys and if we feel there may be an issue we will remove the toys for their safety. Please no rope toys or toys that the dog can shred and ingest.
- Each dog is given a personal 12” x 12” cubby space to hold their belongings.
BEHAVIOR: Huckleberry’s Pet Parlor reserves the right to refuse services to dogs that are destructive to our facility or aggressive towards our employees. We will notify you to pick up your dog if we believe your dog will cause harm to our staff
Doggie Daycare – (For established Daycare Clients Only)
It is in our experience that boarding and daycare combined may prove to be too stressful for some dogs. We strive to make your dogs stay as comfortable as possible, we will inform you if daycare is not the right fit at this time. Dogs attending daycare will purchase daycare passes and will attend daycare for the hours specified by pass. Half day will get up to 5 hours and Full day will get up to 10 hours of daycare. See pricing above.
Group Play Doggie Daycare Pricing:
Daycare full-day pass: Daycare part-time pass:
1 day pass ……………………$30 1 day pass (5 hours or less)…. $22
Five day………………………$135 Five day………………………$95
Ten day……………………….$260 Ten day………………………$180
Twenty day………………..…$500 Twenty day………………..…$340
click on an image below for a larger view